Saturday, January 17, 2009

Welcome to Tech in Education.

Welcome all!

This is a little side project I will be working on over the next several months ... and possibly longer, as we all know how quickly the world of technology changes.

As an educator (and well rounded geek) I know how hard it is sometimes to find easy to use software for teaching /learning. How many of us educators really have oodles of time on their hands to search the internet and test out software? Not many. Hopefully this site will give you some ideas on what is available out there on the intertubes.

I will be looking at all sorts of software packages (web design, animation, blogging, podcasting, graphics, office applications, desktop publishing ....) that are either low-cost (under 100$) or open-source. Any tested software will run on either a Mac OS or Linux ... sadly, I do not have a Windows machine, so I won't be able to test any windows software, but I will be able to recomend some that I have used in the past.

I hope you find this blog useful.

Cheers

-Kennie


No comments: